By using the Services, you accept the privacy practices contained in this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, do not use the website, associated Services, or submit Personal Information to us in any manner.
1. Who We Are and What We Do
2. The Personal Information We Collect and Use
4. Change in Control or Sale
5. International Data Transfers
6. Do Not Track Requests
7. Links to Other Sites
8. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
9. Your Choices
10. Your Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
11. Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
12. Your Nevada Privacy Rights — Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents
13. Terms of Service.
14. Revisions and Updates
15. How to Contact Us
1. Who We Are and What We Do Cherish and Remember is a New Jersey not-for-profit organization. We provide the Cherish and Remember Victims of Covid-19 website located at www.cherishandremember.org, the (“Services”). We may also partner with third parties who help further our mission and support our events (“Partners”).
2. The Personal Information We Collect and Use
(a) Source(s) of Personal Data Collected by Us We collect information about you (i) When you provide it to us or our Service Providers (defined below), (ii) with automated technologies, and (iii) from third parties.
(i) Information You Provide to Us
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us and our Service Providers. Voluntary submissions can occur when you use the Services, make content submissions, make suggestions, or participate in online interactive activities.
(ii) Information We Collect Automatically
Some information, such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics, is automatically collected when you visit our website and Services. This Personal Information is required to provide Services to you. If you do not provide the Personal Information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing Services to you.
(iii) Information Collected from Third Parties and Other Sources
We may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Services. Third parties may help us provide you with customer support or payment processing in the event that payments are accepted. We may also obtain Personal Information from other sources, such as our Partners. If you choose to register or login to our Services using a social media account, we may have access to certain additional information about you. We obtain such information only in relation to the Services and products we provide.
(b) How We Use Your Personal Information
• To deliver the Services you have requested
• To help us better understand visitors use of the website
• To respond to specific requests from visitors
• For business purposes such as improving products, services, marketing, and user experience
• To protect the security or integrity of the website
• To create and manage user accounts
• To send marketing and promotional communications
• To send administrative information
• To enable user-to-user communications
• To enforce terms and conditions and policies
(c) Who We Share Your Personal Information With
For the purposes of delivering the Services to you we share information with:
• Service providers, such as Wix.com, which provides web hosting, social media, and user account management services(“Service Providers”)
• Other third parties we use to help us provide the Services and run our business, including but not limited to marketing agencies, analytics providers, and e-mail service providers (“Other Third Parties”)
• Third parties provided and or approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link to your account
• We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information to respond to information requests from government authorities, to address national security situations, to protect your rights, to fulfill business obligations, or when otherwise required by law, in our sole discretion.
(d) Reasons We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
We collect and use your Personal Information to further the following legitimate interests: to deliver the Services, to send e-mails, fulfill orders, complete customer transactions, improve website performance and provide customer service.
(e) Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You and Why The provision of name, e-mail, address, phone number, credit card information and/or other billing information if required from you enable us to process and complete your order for the Services. We do not require you to provide any personal data in order to browse on the website. We will inform you when we collect it whether you are required to provide the information to us.
(f) How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will keep your Personal Information while you have an account with us or while we are providing products and Services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary:
• To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf
• To show that we treated you fairly
• To keep records required by law
We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of Personal Information. When it is no longer necessary to retain your Personal Information, we will delete or anonymize it. If your Personal Information has been stored in backup archive, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
(g) Summary of Information We Collect and Who We Share It With:
5. International Data Transfers We are based in the United States and we process and store information on servers located in the United States. We may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.
6. Do Not Track Requests We do not take action in response to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. Many web browsers give you the option to send a DNT signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. There is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we disable cookies in response to this signal. Please note that if you remove or chose not to accept our cookies, some features of our services may no longer function and you will need to reenter your information and reselect your preferences each time you visit our Services.
7. Links to Other Sites Our website may contain links to websites operated by others. You may see advertising or other content on this website or our Services that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, or other third parties. Any products or services reached through a third party link are subject to its own separate privacy policies. We are not responsible for or liable for any content on or actions taken by such third party websites.
8. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure. We undertake reasonable efforts to ensure that Personal Information is protected while you are utilizing our Services. All information collected from you is stored in a technically and physically secure environment. Furthermore, Service Providers, Partners, employees, contractors, and vendors who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing Services for us are required to keep the information confidential. Our team is dedicated to ensuring the security and privacy of all user information. We utilize SSL web encryption to protect sensitive information online, and we do everything we can to protect user information offline. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site, and you provide us with your information at your own risk.
9. Your Choices If you want to unsubscribe from receiving e-mails from us, you may do so at any time. Each e-mail includes instructions for unsubscribing from these e-mail communications.
10. Your Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) If you are a California resident, you may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
You may make a written request to us utilizing the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy to request this information. We may require you to confirm your identity and your residency in order to obtain the information, and you are only entitled to make this request twice a year.
11. Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you are a citizen of the European Union, or United Kingdom you may review, change, or terminate your account at any time and have the following rights:
You may make a written request to us regarding the above rights utilizing the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy.
12. Your Nevada Privacy Rights – Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request certain information from us regarding the collection and sale of your Personal Information (as defined in Nevada Revised Statutes 6ti3A.32ti) during your visit to our websites or when you otherwise interact with us online. If you have sought or acquired, by purchase or lease, any goods or Services for personal, family, or household purposes from us, you may ask us to disclose whether we have sold (for monetary consideration) certain information about you (including your first and last name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, an identifier that allows you to be contacted either physically or online, or other contact information that allows us to identify you personally).
As a Nevada resident, you may also request to opt out of us sharing such information about you. To make this inquiry, please submit a request in writing utilizing the information in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy with “Nevada Privacy Rights” in the subject line. You must include your full name, e-mail address, and attest that you are a Nevada resident by providing a Nevada postal address in your request. Please state whether you are requesting information and/or opting out. (you must complete a separate request for each service.)
We will process your request within 60 days, or we will let you know if we need additional time. We may require additional information to verify your identity before we can respond.
13. Terms of Service
15. How to Contact Us
(a) General Questions and Technical Support
If you need technical support or want to report a bug involving the Services, please contact us at email@example.com
(b) Please direct all communications concerning Policy to our Privacy Team: Cherish and Remember, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In all communications with us, please include the e-mail address used for your account on the Services, the website address or the specific program to which you provided Personal Information and a detailed explanation of your request.
If you would like to delete or amend your Personal Information and are contacting us by e-mail, please put “Deletion Request” or “Amendment Request”, as applicable, in the subject line of the correspondence. We will do our best to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner.
(c) Your rights under the GDPR, CCPA, and Other Applicable Laws.
Request to Export Data: If you wish to request that we export your data from our database so you can port it to another vendor, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact the Privacy Team with the subject line “Export My Data”, and explain in the body of the e-mail that you are asking for a data export.
Request to Forget: If you wish to request that we “Forget you” from our database, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Privacy Team through the Contact Form on cherishandremember.org with the subject line “Forget Me”, and explain in the body of the e-mail that you are asking to have all of your data deleted.
We have a standard data export format that we will provide and are not able to create custom exports. To protect user privacy, you must send such a request from the account information we have on file or the request will not be honored.